Sunday, May 23, 2010

Perfectionist.

So I'm having a perfectionist moment. Or maybe it's Artist's Block. My muse has abandoned me for more interesting people. Or maybe... yeah, probably just a perfectionist moment.

I have created and torn apart at least 3 awareness bracelets this morning. I don't like the colors, I don't like the beads, I don't like how scratchy it is... take your pick! They just don't... look... RIGHT. I wouldn't sell these to a 5 year old with a quarter. And the worst part about it? I can't figure out how to make them BETTER. Maybe it will come to me tomorrow... or the next day. Or maybe I should just give it up and sell subpar stuff. Maybe I should let you decide? Maybe I should be more dramatic about it, and I'll get a more dramatic response from my psyche? (*snicker*)


This is the only one that's survived this morning, and even it is destined for the chopping block because the elastic I used is too tight, so it scrunches up. I'm not very happy with the different shades of pink, and the silver findings just don't look right with the rest of the compilation. But... I can't come up with anything better that will cost 5$ or less, and not be scratchy. (*pulls hair out*)! Not Happy, Bob. Not. Happy.

P.S. I told you you would be seeing more of my little new hand. :D

P.P.S. If you don't know what the Not Happy quote is from, watch The Incredibles. Then let your 2-4 year old watch The Incredibles. Now count the seconds until your 2-4 year old picks up "NOT HAPPY!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment